Imperial College Serious Infection Course
- The aim of this course is to give healthcare professionals who see acutely unwell children a practical and evidence based approach to the diagnosis and management of a wide range of infections.
- This course aims to provide a thorough understanding of the regular pitfalls in the diagnosis of infection and will highlight the life threatening consequences of such errors.
- This course is aimed at doctors of all grades who assess and manage children with infections.
- The content may also be of interest to nurses and other health professionals who are involved in the care of children with serious infections.
- The course runs for two days but Day 1 can be taken as a stand-alone course. Some of the teaching will be done in small group workshops using real cases to illustrate the differential diagnosis, investigation and optimal management of a variety of common paediatric presentations.
- There will also be lectures in practical microbiology, antibiotic prescribing and emergency care. The role of simulation will be demonstrated and discussed.
For more information visit the Imperial College London website