How do i get help in a crisis?
If you are upset and having thoughts and urges about hurting yourself, taking an overdose or ending your life then stop, take a deep breath and read this page:
A crisis is any situation in which you feel you need urgent help. For example, you might feel in crisis if:
- You are having suicidal thoughts and feelings
- You are having thoughts about harming yourself
- You have seriously hurt yourself
- You have taken more than the recommended amount of tablets (an overdose)
Where can I find local help now and local CAMHS:
The table below gives some general information on how you can get help in a crisis:
|What's happening||Ways you can get help|
|You think you may act on suicidal feelings, taken an overdose or you have seriously harmed yourself||
|You are feeling extremely distressed, or are experiencing suicidal feelings||
|You need medical help or advice fast, but it's not an emergency||
Let someone know you do not feel safe or are struggling (a parent/carer or professional helpline).
- There are people who will listen, help and support you through this; it’s ok to ask for help.
- Just like stormy weather, strong feelings and urges will pass; it will not always feel this bad.
- Thoughts are just thoughts, we do not have to follow them. There are many other ways of managing other than harming yourself.